Hugo Speer, known for his role in the years 1997 The full Montyexplains why he thinks he was unfairly left out of the upcoming Disney+ TV spin-off of the hit film.
The actor starred as Guy in the 90s film which followed six unemployed steel workers as they formed a male strip act. Decades later, he was among several original cast members set to reprise their roles on the show, which is set to premiere June 14.
More from The Hollywood Reporter
But that all changed when Disney said Speer’s contract was terminated for “inappropriate conduct” while filming in Manchester, England. In a recent interview with the Daily mail, Hugo claimed that a runner, with some on-set experience, knocked on her trailer as he was changing, and while he claimed he told her to wait a minute, she opened the door anyway. door. The actor said he hid behind a wardrobe and was confused as to why she hadn’t left when she realized he was changing.
A few days passed and that’s when Hugo said a producer pulled him aside on set and said, “There were a few complaints about you.”
Huge replied, “What?” I have never, in 31 years, had a single complaint about my driving. The actor said the producer then proceeded to tell him, “We saw you undressed in your trailer.”
After being “told that I had made the crew members uncomfortable”, Hugo said he was left “shocked”.
“I tried to think back and remember the runner, but she hadn’t said anything since she opened the door for me,” he added. “Not ‘it was a bit awkward.’ Nothing, we just kept doing our job.
He ended up being sent home for several weeks, hoping everything would be sorted out, but Hugo said that after an investigation, his character was cut from the rest of the show and he was fired.
According to a copy of an investigative report he received, Hugo said he was accused of being seen undressed in his trailer by a trainee in a suit, and she complained about having him seen walking naked through an open door in his trailer.
Since being fired from the project, Hugo said he has not worked. “It was tragicomic, but they didn’t realize how affected I was,” the actor told the outlet. “I went into a massive and deep state of shock. As you can see, I’m still a bit there.
After all, Hugo said he also struggles with depression and his mental health. He added: “They took my job. They took my reputation. They took my money. They took my sanity.
A Disney spokesperson said in a statement to the Daily Mail, saying: “Last year we were made aware of allegations of inappropriate conduct by Hugo Speer on the set of The full Monty. As policy dictates, an independent investigation has been launched. Upon its completion, the decision was made to terminate his contract, with immediate effect.
The Hollywood Reporter has contacted Disney representatives for comment.
The best of The Hollywood Reporter
Click here to read the full article.