A Sonic Drive-In customer found a bag of cocaine after biting into a hot dog in New Mexico, according to multiple media outlets and police.
A 54-year-old worker had ‘inadvertently’ placed the drugs in a customer’s ‘Coney’ food order at the San Pedro fast food joint, the Espanola Police Department said in a June 1 news release. .
Authorities tested the bag of white powder the woman found and confirmed it was cocaine, KOB and police reported.
Police said she coughed up the bag, but it’s unclear if she ingested the drugs, the outlet reported.
Surveillance video showed the employee “frenziedly searching the area” after the incident, KRQE reported.
The employee was arrested and charged with possession of a controlled substance.
A Coney is a beef hot dog topped with chili and cheese that is served at Sonic Drive-In.
Sonic Drive-In did not immediately respond to McClatchy News’ June 4 request for comment.
San Pedro is about 35 miles northeast of Albuquerque.
Unusual cargo found along Florida beach, cops say Then two more reports came
Beachgoers find a big surprise – a pack of suspected cocaine along the shore, cops say
Five mall workers discovered fentanyl overdose in parking lot, NJ officials say