June 4 – Goshen police responded to multiple vehicle crashes on Friday and Saturday, all in dry weather.
Barbara Sebben, 84, Crown Point, was driving a 2011 Kia Sorrento, turning left from Ind. 15 on Waterford Mills Road, when his vehicle was struck by a northbound 2010 Mercury Milan driven by Derrick Matthews, 49, Elkhart at 3:31 a.m. am Saturday. Matthews and a witness to the crash said the traffic light at the intersection was green for northbound traffic at the time. Sebben said the traffic light was yellow at the time. Three passengers in Matthews’ vehicle reported suffering the injury and both vehicles were towed due to damage.
Jennifer Miller, 51, of Milford, was driving a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee northbound on 15th Street at 8:02 a.m. Friday when her vehicle drove through a stop sign at Plymouth Ave. and was hit by a 2007 Jeep Wrangler driven by 42-year-old Shawn McKeage. , Gochen. Miller told officers who looked off the roadway to check GPS at the time, and failure to obey an overhead sign at the scene was listed as the primary factor in the accident. Both vehicles were towed off the scene.
Juan Castillo, 24, of Warsaw, was driving a 2018 Chevrolet Malibu northbound on US 33, waiting to turn west on Madison Street, at 6:29 p.m. Friday. He started to make the turn but claimed he had not seen a southbound Harley Davidson motorcycle driven by John Wilson, 39, Goshen, which collided with the Malibu. Castillo and his passenger did not report injuries, but Wilson was taken to hospital in Goshen with a rash on his left elbow and reported back pain. Incorrect turning was listed as the main factor in the accident.
* Jeremy Archer, 33, a homeless man living in Goshen, was arrested for possession of criminal mischief and possession of methamphetamine at 11.30am on Saturday after a Best Western employee on Lincolnway East reported an individual refusing to leave a bedroom. It was also discovered that he had an outstanding warrant against him from Kosciusko County.
* Jonathan Hapner, 39, Goshen, was arrested on domestic battery charges after officers responded to Block 200 of Marabou Place in Goshen at 2.26pm on Saturday. A 15-year-old man was also arrested for domestic assault and incorrigible. Hapner was taken to the Elkhart County Jail and the minor was placed in the care of a guardian.
* Maria Fernanda, 23, Hidalgo, Mexico was arrested for operating while intoxicated/endangered at 3:13 a.m. Sunday after officers conducted a traffic stop near the intersection of E. Lincoln Ave. and S. Sixth St.
* Ana Maria Ramirez, 23, Goshen, was arrested on OWI charges after officers were led to a traffic stop at 3:19 a.m. Sunday near the intersection of Lincoln Ave. and Riverside. She was taken to jail.
* Darrius Farrell, 20, Goshen, was arrested for shoplifting after officers were called to 2304 Lincolnway East at 1.52pm on Friday. He was released at the scene with a pending court date.
* Two 17-year-olds, a male and a female, were arrested for possession of marijuana by officers patrolling Fidler’s Pond at 12.28pm on Saturday. Both were cited and returned to their parents.