Pop icon Celine Dion on Friday canceled all of her remaining shows scheduled for 2023-2024, saying she wasn’t strong enough to tour while battling a rare neurological disorder.
Last year, the 55-year-old Canadian singer revealed she had a rare condition that affected her singing.
“I’m so sorry to disappoint you all again…and even if it breaks my heart, it’s better to cancel everything until I’m really ready to go back on stage,” explained the My singer. Heart Will Go On. tweeted.
“I’m not giving up…and I can’t wait to see you again!” she added.
A statement released by her tour said: “With a sense of enormous disappointment, Celine Dion’s Courage World Tour today announced the cancellation of all remaining dates currently on sale for 2023 and 2024.”
“I’m working very hard to rebuild my strength, but touring can be very difficult even when you’re at 100%,” Dion said in the statement.
In December 2022, she posted a tearful video on Instagram to say that she had recently been diagnosed with stiffness syndrome and would not be ready to start a European tour in February as planned.
She said the disorder caused muscle spasms and “didn’t allow me to use my vocal chords to sing like I’m used to”.
The “Courage World Tour” began in 2019 and Dion completed 52 shows before the Covid-19 pandemic put the rest on hold.
She later canceled the North American leg of the tour due to health issues.
The tour was to be the Grammy winner’s first world concert tour in a decade and the first without her manager-husband Rene Angelil, who died of cancer in 2016.