This pumpkin risotto is the right instance of fast, wholesome comfort meals. There’s barely any prep work concerned, and the entire thing comes collectively in lower than half an hour. I’d make a flavoured butter with the leftover sage, freezing this for later use.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 50 minutes
4 as a starter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 25g unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 300g carnaroli rice
- 150ml dry white wine
- 1 litre sizzling rooster inventory
- 400g frozen diced pumpkin
- 1 sprig of contemporary rosemary
- 50g parmesan, freshly grated
- 6 sage leaves, torn, to serve
- In a big, heavy-based saucepan, warmth the oil and butter. Add the onion and garlic and cook dinner gently till comfortable however not colored. Add the rice and toast it for a couple of minutes, stirring constantly to coat it within the fats.
- Pour the wine over the rice and permit it to evaporate, then begin including the new rooster inventory slightly at a time, permitting the liquid to be absorbed by the rice earlier than including extra. After about 5 minutes, add the frozen pumpkin alongside with the rosemary and proceed so as to add the inventory, stirring once in a while to forestall it from sticking to the pan. This takes about 18 minutes.
- Take the saucepan off the warmth and beat within the remaining butter and the parmesan. End with the sage.